Monday, October 06, 2008

China’s ‘Used Condoms’ appear as Hairbands

A year ago, I was told that some hair bands in China were made from used condoms and threads...I can't believe it and thought my friend was telling a joke.

A few days ago, another friend sent me email talk about the poisoned milk from China and other poisoned food in China, attached the web link http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/hairband.asp

Hair bands were made from used condoms ???!!!

Could you tell any different from normal hair band?

 

"Used condoms are being recycled into hair bands in southern China, threatening to spread sexually-transmittable diseases they were originally meant to prevent, state media reported Tuesday.

In the latest example of potentially harmful Chinese-made products, rubber hair bands have been found in local markets and beauty salons in Dongguan and Guangzhou cities in southern Guangdong province, China Daily newspaper said."

After I read the post, First thing I do is quickly take out my hair bands and throw into dustbin. I bought a few packs before in some one dollar shop. I am not sure mine is the same as the pictures shown, but just feel it is so so so disgusting

No comments: