Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sapporo Beer Museum-Memory From Hokkaido 1

Sapporo was our first stop in Hokkaido! And Sapporo Beer Museum was our first place to visit. That is one of Sapporo’s most popular attractions. The museum traces the history of the Sapporo breweries and beer making in Japan. That was already evening time when we reached there, beautiful sky with some big crows flying over, it impressed me.

 


Sapporo Beer is one of the oldest beer brands in Japan, I am not a beer drinker, but I like the beautiful brick building, it reminded me of some  German Beer Houses I visited in Munich.
 
 


While I walked around before going into the building, I first saw the Sapporo Red Star, it looks like those signs of some communist factory in China. The tour guide never explain the history of the red star signs.
As usual, I like to take my own time at museums and actually read the panels. But actually that is impossible in Hokaido. EVERYTHING WAS IN JAPANESE! The words look familiar to me as I studied before but almost forget all now. I was pretty upset, such a pretty city with a lot of visitors international, yet they don’t even try to put the panel readings in English. BIG JAPANESE. I saw several foreigners trying to figure out what the panels said but the service staffs show you only the polite smiles. I have no choice to walk around and enjoyed seeing all the beautiful vintage signs and advertisements...

 


The Sapporo Beer Museum is housed in one of Sapporo’s most famous heritage buildings that dates back to Japan’s Meiji Era. Another part of centre is the Sapporo Beer Garden has plenty of beer choices as well as a garden grill.  But I didn’t get to really explore as much as I would have liked, time is quite limited plus that was such cold weather...I wish I could  to visit Hokkaido  again in other season.
 

No comments: