Sunday, August 02, 2015

Summer Trip 2015: Luoyang Bridge


My interest is to visit all sorts of bridges during my travel time, especially those old bridges. No exception for this summer trip, though I have been here many years ago. 



Luoyang bridge is one of the four most famous ancient bridges in China. It is located not far from Quanzhou city, it takes about 20 minutes drive from center city. Evening time will be the best to visit the place,  you can walk from one end to the other, it is not really tourist area for now, so there are many local people crossing the bridge, many interesting scenes...well I will post up in another post. Here I would just like to show some photos of this old bridge which was built in 1057 still standing proud till now. 

Triangular slabs of stones were placed on one side of the bridge pointing against the flow of water in order to divert and lessen the impact of the tides. I was told live oysters were placed in the cracks so that natural secretions became a biological super-glue! 



No comments: