Saturday, July 27, 2013

Long-tailed parakeet at Bishan Park

  

I captured this bird on a palm tree looking at her breakfast 
 ...I always call these green birds as parrot, till now only know it's name as "Long-tailed parakeet" 
I saw them near the pond area at Bishan Park  in the past few weeks while jogging. They like to stay on top high of those palm trees. More usually heard first well before being seen.  They fly overhead, constantly screeching and calling. Calls made in flight, loud and discordant, also high-pitched and melodious, quavering, goose-like sounds and bursts of scolding. I should record their sound next time. 
I saw them flying, keeping low over the tree tops, twisting and turning as they move from one tree to another. I was trying to capture different images of the male and female bird...
... green hide among the green, it is very difficult to be found unless they make those sharp calling in the morning...
...beautiful long blue tail...

Long-tailed parakeet seen 'harvesting' palm oil fruit...

No comments: