Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Drangonfly at the Lower Peirce Reservoir Park

Ya, dragonfly is one of my favorites among the critters, I always hope to see some special species while I was walking in the jungle. So here are some of the dragonfly pphotos I captured in the past few visit:
 
This is the  rather striking red-winged and common dragonfly, (Neurothemis fluctuans ) can be found along the woonden walkboard trail, on some dry leaves or  fallen wood, they are almost still, especially in the humid afternnon.

Another common species, the lovely blue drangonfly also can be seen here, many times, I spotted them staying on a big tree, (just near the sign board of ferns, after a big  rubber tree), I believe that is their home.

Just the day before, I captured another two fellows here:

Not a expert thoses insects, and even lack of some common knowledge, I can't figue out their name here, but would like to know them more if anyone who read this post can point out for me, I will very much appreciate it.





Well all my dragonfly are here, and I am linking this post to

9 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Terrific captures!

Sylvia K said...

Love the "up close and personal" capture! Thanks for joining us at Our World! Hope to see more of yours!

Sylvia

Joyful said...

Those are wonderful dragonfly photos.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots - love the last one in particular!

Stewart M said...

Hi there - we can worry too much about putting names to things and end up forgeting that they are splendid whatever we call them!

Nice set of shots!

Stewart M - Australia

Arija said...

Why are dragonflies so special, is it their transparent wings? I love it when they alight on my finger and stay there for ages and ages . . .

Reader Wil said...

I also like these insects together with butterflies they are the most delightful of the insects.

Jackie said...

Beautiful photographs. Dragonflies are lovely such creatures, with their iridescent colours and gossamer wings. We have some pretty ones here too, on a nice sunny day we see them flitting about or hovering over the pond.

eileeninmd said...

Great dragonfly sighitngs and your photos are great.