Saturday, September 11, 2010

Malayan whip snake: camera critters 15

Malayan Whip Snake
green snake at Sungei BulohWhat do you see in this photo?
The question was on my Tuesday post about Sungei Buloh.
Did you spot the green snake?

It looked very much like a vine among the green leaves.
I nearly wanted to touch it  at first glance, it is so slender and bright green, I thought it is a tree vine.green snake at Sungei Buloh green snake at Sungei Buloh
Malayan Whip Snake at Sungei Buloh
I spotted it at Sungei Buloh, just near the Main hide 1A. It is Malayan Whip Snake. It was resting on a small green plant.
Malayan Whip Snake at Sungei Buloh
Malayan Whip Snake at Sungei BulohIt moved very slow, almost was still there, I managed to take a few of its photos at a very near distance.
Malayan Whip Snake at Sungei Buloh
This Malayan Whip Snake was one of our best find during a few trips to Sungei Buloh. I managed to take a so close look at this green snake, took a few of photos to be added to my collections of camera critters, click the logo on my side bar to see more fun photos from camera critters meme. And of course I will link to Marco Monday to share with my blog friends who like Marco shots. Macro Monday: Malayan Whip Snake

16 comments:

Eds said...

Oh my God! You're photos gave me the shiver! Urgh! I hate snakes! :( But still love your shot..

fredamans said...

I thought I saw a snake! Beautiful and vibrant green! Great shots! I wonder if it's deadly? I'll have to look it up.

Anonymous said...

What a great shot! That snake is lovely. Is it dangerous?

Jama said...

I didn't see any snake when I went to the Sg Buloh but recently when I was walking at the Ang Mo Kio Park ( opposite the library) I saw a similar green snakes with red tongue!My younger son who was with the Civil Defence then,told me that the snake was harmless but it does freak me out.

Joanne Olivieri said...

Wow, I had no idea, at first glance I though it was a vine or part of a leaf. That is scary. Fantastic shots, but scary.

Carletta said...

Oh my gosh!
You very well could have missed it as it blends in so wonderfully!
He's a very slender one isn't he?
Wonderful shots!

Anonymous said...

My goodness, that's the skinniest snake I've ever seen! Grrreat macos!

margie said...

i am no snake lover but please give that poor fellow something to eat.

Rachel said...

I never knew snakes could be that skinny! Great shots. I don't know if I could sit there are photograph that guy!

msdewberry said...

He sure blends in with his surroundings well, I hardly noticed him at first.
Great shots!!

Anonymous said...

OooHHH! My feet are in my chair! (My son says - Mom the snake is not on the floor!) They terrify me and fascinate me at the same time. Great shots!!

Hannah said...

That snake is so cool! I will have to show my three year old these pictures, he is obsessed with snakes! Great shots!

Maaike said...

great shot
and what agreat green, the snake

Roan said...

I don't think I would ever want to reach out and touch it. Gives me shivers. Great shots, though!

Helena said...

These are very cool shots. I would never want to get close enough to a snake to take a picture of it. :)

"Lillagul" said...

Really cool shots on that very green snake !
Lucky you !
have a nice wednesday !